Thank you for your interest in ACCESS at Mississippi State University. The 2020 application window will open from October 1 to December 1, 2019. Some of the application process can be completed online; however, there are medical and educational documents that we can only accept by mail. After collecting all required documents, please mail one packet to ACCESS. Application packets must be submitted or postmarked by the application deadline. All required documents must be submitted in order for the applicant to be reviewed.
ACCESS Application Requirements
- ACCESS Online Application
The following documents must be submitted by mail:
- Student Application Questionnaire
- MSU Application
- High School Transcript (when available)
- Current photograph of the applicant
- Applicant’s resume (include all employment, volunteer, and VR experiences)
- One Personal Letter of Reference (may be submitted with application packet)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (Please read the following instructions carefully.)
- Educator Letter of Recommendation – Must be completed and submitted by the applicant’s current or most recent IEP case manager.
- Employer Letter of Recommendation – Must be completed and submitted by the applicant’s current or most recent supervisor (An employer or volunteer supervisor may complete form).
- ACCESS requires an Educator Letter of Recommendation and an Employer Letter of Recommendation. The ACCESS Letter of Recommendation form must be submitted in lieu of a traditional business letter.
- If the applicant is unable to submit one of the Letters of Recommendation forms due to circumstances, please complete two of the same Letters of Recommendation. (Ex. 1: An applicant is a senior and has no work or volunteer experience. This applicant will need to submit two Educator Letters of Recommendation. Ex. 2: An applicant graduated high school five years ago. This applicant will need to submit two Employer Letters of Recommendation.)
- It is preferable that the individual completing the Letters of Recommendation has worked with the applicant within the past two years.
- Letters of Recommendations must be submitted to ACCESS by the referrer via mail or email. Letters submitted by the applicant will not be accepted.
- Letters may not be completed by immediate family members.
- Psychological-Educational Evaluation (Please read the following requirements carefully.)
- Evaluations must have been conducted 3 years prior to the start of the application window.
- IMPORTANT: IEP Reevaluation will only be accepted if cognitive and academic assessments are conducted within 3 years prior to the start of the annual application window. Record Reviews that contain assessments outside of the 3-year window will not be accepted.
- Required: standardized IQ score and standardized achievement assessments
- Recommended: standardized adaptive assessments
- Most recent IEP in its entirety
- Applicable related service assessments (Speech, PT, OT, Assistive Technology, etc.)
- BIP, if applicable